Monday, October 13, 2008

Our MIRACLE!!!!!!!!

If you notice the baby is holding a balloon. Proof that it is Sean's child!






Well folks, it looks like God is still a God of miracles. Sean and I are expecting a little blessing on May 20, 2009! It has been quite a journey this far.

I was a little late and decided to just wait a couple of days and see what happens. I took my first HPT on 9/8 and it was positive. At that point based on my history I told Sean give it a couple of days and it will be over. I didnt believe that the Lord would bless us with a healthy pregnancy. On Thurs 9/11 I took another HPT and it was positive, so I called my Dr and they had me come in for round of beta's pn 9/12. They called back and sure enough I was pregnant my level was 780. Now I had to endure the weekend to wait to take round 2 of beta's. I did throw Sean a surprise b-day party that Fri night. Mon morning I went back in and they called that afternoon to say that my numbers were 3060. My numbers had more than tripled and all we needed was for the numbers to have doubled. On 9/23 I had an ultrasound done and the baby was measuring 3/4 of a centimeter and 5 weeks and 6 days. I went back for my 8 week ultrasound on 10/7 (the day before my birthday) and the baby was measuring right at 8 weeks!

We are so excited to have this little blessing and very appreciative of the friends and family who have prayed for us and with us so far on this journey. We are not out of the woods just yet. Once I reach about 13 weeks, we should be good for the rest of the pregnancy. At this point I have some restrictions as far as what I can eat or drink. I am not allowed to exercise. I am hoping that once I reach the 2nd trimester that some of the restrictions will be lifted. Please pray for Sean and I as we take this journey.

As we get farther into this I will be posting more pictures and updates. Thank you for all of your prayers. We love ya'll very much and feel very blessed to have all of you as friends!

11 comments:

Noel Murray said...

I confess I got just got misty-eyed reading this news. I'll be praying for you too. This is just amazing and wonderful.

-Noel

Matt and Melissa said...

You don't know me but...don't you love to hear that...I was blog-stalking today and stumbled across your precious baby's pic. Congrats to you and your husband. I am a nurse and I do early ultrasounds at a local Crisis Pregnancy Center. Your baby is adorable!!!! I am the mother of two and I cannot imagine what you both have been through. Thank you for your testimony of faith. Your faithfulness was a launching pad for His!!!! Enjoy your little miracle...praying for you in Arkansas.

David said...

Cool beans...jellybean that is :)

The Renfroes said...

O my. Congratulations!!!!!! I know this has been such a journey. Wow. I am so excited. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. Yeah.

Mandy Mc said...

Again, I am so excited for you Heather. How are you feeling (other than elated!)? YAY, YAY, YAY for this answer to prayer. Can't wait to hear about your journey along the way. Make sure to keep us posted!

Elisabeth said...

Congrats!! That is awesome news!! Maybe our kids will share the same birthdays...Emily was born on 05/12/05.

Jess Edwards said...

Congratulations! I've got the three of you in my heart. ~warmth and hope!~

Leah said...

Sean & Heather,
CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are ecstatic for you! You are in our prayers!
-Dan & Leah

Tina said...

I am so excited for you guys! What a wonderful blessing from the Lord. Chris told me on our way home from AL on Sunday. I wish I could give you a hug right now! Please know that one is coming your way on Sunday. Love you! TJ

Melissa said...

What a blessing indeed! Isn't it just amazing how that little wee one is maturing- wow! A miracle in deed!

take care
Melissa

S. Fantasia said...

Congrats!! I was searching google-images for nursery pictures and found your blog (both random and weird). The funniest part about it is that we have the same due date! Haha.

So, you don't know me but perhaps we'll be having our babies on the same day (although I always have mine REALLY early - impatient little stinkers. *wink*) Good luck with everything, and just think, only 96 days to go (if we should be so lucky)!!

Steph
http://thefantasiafamily.blogspot.com/