Thursday, January 17, 2008

Faith Required

Well here we are trying to figure out this whole adoption thing. We have a place that can do our homestudy, and we are trying to get the paperwork together. That being said we are praying that the Lord would work out the finances. There are so many grants we can apply for once our homestudy is done, but not before then. To get the homestudy done, we kind of need the money for it.

As I look at what all we need to be able to adopt and possibly buy a house it honestly freaks me out. In my heart of hearts, I know that what we need is only a drop in the bucket of God's bank. I believe that we are doing what the Lord has called us to do. I still struggle with beleiving that the Lord is going to work all of this out and that we will have a house and beautiful little blessing. I know that all I have to do is have the faith of a mustard seed. Somedays I am not sure that I have even that. I am sure there are times that the Lord looks down and shakes His head at me.

For those of you who read our blog and believe in the power of prayer, we are asking for prayer! Please pray that the Lord would help Sean and I to get the money we need and that we would be good stewards of what we already have. I hope to be able to update soon with a homestudy date! I think we may have also picked out the agency that we are going to go through, but we will announce that at a later date!

I hope ya'll have a wonderful and blessed weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you guys and of course, will be praying for you, as always, especially in this area of faith!!

Jess Edwards said...

~warm smile~ As I read these posts, I keep coming back to the verse Sean has for an e-mail signature, Romans 8:28.

If I can offer an opinion? I don't think God minds shaking His head sometimes. We're so little by comparison to Him--He built us that way! He's not surprised!--so of course we worry when we can't see the intended path clearly. The important thing is to walk what of the path we CAN see and keep an eye out for roadsigns.

Take heart and keep faith, dear one; even when you worry, God also has faith in you, and He's notoriously hard to shake.

Hugs and warmth to you, Heather, and hug Sean for me, will you?

~*Jess Edwards (nee Mansfield)